SLEEP is a nootropic blend with components optimized for each of the three phases of sleep: falling asleep, improving your quality of sleep, and feeling refreshed upon waking up. Sufficient, high-quality sleep is widely agreed to be the single most important activity you can do to optimize cognition and your mental state in the near-term.
The SLEEP is designed to be taken as needed and does not need to be taken daily.
- Reduce Feelings of Stress and Over-Excitation
- Increase Serotonin levels in the brain
- Enhances mood and alleviates stress
- Effective for Improving Insomnia and Sleep Quality
[ Mood ] L-Theanine is a mood-boosting nootropic that has positive effects on focus, mental performance, anxiety and depression.
[ Relaxation ] 5-HTP is a supplement that is used for improving mood, memory, sleep, and for anxiety and depression. 5-HTP raises levels of Serotonin in the brain, which may support relaxation, a positive state of mind, and better sleep quality.
[ Sleep ] Melatonin supplements are used for relief of insomnia, jet lag, shift-work sleep disorder and other conditions which can impair healthy sleep patterns. This compound is a natural hormone released within the brain when low levels of light are detected.
Take 1 capsule of SLEEP with a glass of water, one hour before bedtime.
Studies and Reference
1. Rao TP, Ozeki M, Juneja LR. In Search of a Safe Natural Sleep Aid. J Am Coll Nutr. 2015;34(5):436-47. doi: 10.1080/07315724.2014.926153. Epub 2015 Mar 11.
2. Hong KB, Park Y, Suh HJ. Sleep-promoting effects of the GABA/5-HTP mixture in vertebrate models. Behav Brain Res. 2016 Sep 1;310:36-41. doi: 10.1016/j.bbr.2016.04.049. Epub 2016 May 2.
3. Leu-Semenescu S1, Arnulf I, Decaix C, Moussa F, Clot F, Boniol C, Touitou Y, Levy R, Vidailhet M, Roze E. Sleep and rhythm consequences of a genetically induced loss of serotonin. Sleep. 2010 Mar;33(3):307-14.
4. Spruyt K, Braam W, Smits M, Curfs LM. Sleep Complaints and the 24-h Melatonin Level in Individuals with Smith-Magenis Syndrome: Assessment for Effective Intervention. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2016 Nov;22(11):928-935. doi: 10.1111/cns.12653. Epub 2016 Oct 14.
5. Jung Y, St Louis EK. Treatment of REM Sleep Behavior Disorder. Curr Treat Options Neurol. 2016 Nov;18(11):50.
6. van Maanen A, Meijer AM, Smits MG, van der Heijden KB, Oort FJ. Effects of melatonin and bright light treatment in childhood chronic sleep onset insomnia with late melatonin onset: A randomised controlled study. Sleep. 2016 Oct 10. pii: sp-00275-16.
7.Birdsall TC1. 5-Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically-effective serotonin precursor. Altern Med Rev. 1998 Aug;3(4):271-80.
8. Jang HS, Jung JY, Jang IS, Jang KH, Kim SH, Ha JH, Suk K, Lee MG. L-theanine partially counteracts caffeine-induced sleep disturbances in rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2012 Apr;101(2):217-21. doi: 10.1016/j.pbb.2012.01.011. Epub 2012 Jan 21.